I found this book on The Giraffe Files when searching for book tags to do, so please see her post, too!
I love Disney, especially the princesses, so I had to do this tag! Feel free to do it, too, and let me know if you do so I can check it out! ❤
1) Little Mermaid : A character that is out of their element, a fish out of water
Laia in An Ember in the Ashes. She has no idea what she’s doing, and I feel like Elias does most things for her because of that, but I can’t blame her because I wouldn’t know what to do either. I love her though.
2) Cinderella: A character who goes through major development
Feyre. That girl DEVELOPED. She went from a provider to her family to the High Lady of the Night Court. Also, Katniss in the Hunger Games, obviously.
3) Snow White: A book with an eclectic group of characters
Definitely Percy Jackson. I love the mix of characters, even in Heroes of Olympus, because they’re all different with unique backgrounds and have so much personality.
4) Sleeping Beauty: A book that put you to sleep
All the Sarah Dessen books. Honestly, those books are like lullabies. They’re so heart-warming and cozy, but also pretty uneventful.
5) The Lion King: A character who has something traumatic happen in their childhood
Alina from Shadow and Bone. I feel like most characters have traumatic childhoods, but I liked the whole orphanage background and all that, and her life before the Grisha.
6) Beauty and the Beast: A book that was a beast. (a book that intimidated you but you ended up loving)
This is Empire of Storms currently. I know I’ll love it, but it’s just so long! It’s paperback and has 689 pages… that is a beast it I ever saw one.
7) Aladdin: A character who gets their wish granted for better or worse
I guess this is kind of Nemesis from The Diabolic. It’s not that she wished to be more human necessarily, but you just know from reading her that that is what she wants.
8) Mulan: A character who pretends to be something or someone they’re not
This is Thora in Ash Princess. This book doesn’t come out until April, but I love it, so I’m going to talk about it. Thora plays on two different sides of a war – one side is her country that she needs to bring back from the ashes *pun,* and the other is the country that destroyed her life, but also raised her.
9) Toy Story: A book with characters you want to come to life
HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER. HARRY POTTER.
10) Disney Descendants: Your favourite villain
I love the Darkling. He’s such a great villain, and I actually do love him – which is wrong, I know, but I love him. He’s hot, but he’s so angry and devious.
Thanks for reading!